[ UK /ɪkˈɒnəmˌaɪz/ ]
use cautiously and frugally
I try to economize my spare time
conserve your energy for the ascent to the summit
spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
This move will save money
The less fortunate will have to economize now
How To Use economise In A Sentence
- As to the pay of the Mercenaries it nearly filled two esparto-grass baskets; there were even visible in one of them some of the leathern discs which the Republic used to economise its specie; and as the Barbarians appeared greatly surprised, Hanno told them that, their accounts being very difficult, the Ancients had not had leisure to examine them. Salammbo
- Efficient motors, variable speed drives and economizer cycles all can be used to minimize energy consumption.
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates wants to economize on some military operations, through only to pour the savings into other Pentagon programs. John Feffer: Take This Job and... Transform It
- Q2: Last year, how much did you manage to economise at home? Getting motivated at work
- She really drove home the message that we need to economize.
- If he had it he spent it and if he didn't he economised.
- Higher taxes encourage people to economize on fuel.
- The two new budget carriers can economise on costs by accessing training facilities locally.
- The management decided to economize by cutting the dead wood from the workforce,thus reducing the wages bill.
- The less fortunate will have to economize now