[ US /ˈistmən/ ]
- United States inventor of a dry-plate process of developing photographic film and of flexible film (his firm introduced roll film) and of the box camera and of a process for color photography (1854-1932)
How To Use Eastman In A Sentence
- Eastman is an archaeologically rich site with medieval strip lynchet field systems created by ploughing.
- Photographic film was patented by US entrepreneur and inventor George Eastman.
- Walker's bout was on the undercard of Howard Eastman's successful defence of his British, Commonwealth and European titles against Scott Dann.
- The good news is that the George Eastman House is bringing in animator Don Hertzfeldt. Mad Dog Movies « Don Hertzfeldt Retrospective in Rochester
- As everyone spilled out of the studio and into the corridor, Adele pushed her way through and approached Harry Eastman's door.
- Thus, after a few scant weeks of training, Monk Eastman and the New Yorkers were abruptly pitchforked into the great final push of the conflict — an attack on Germany's Hindenburg Line. A Gangster Goes to War
- If it were not for George Eastman, we would probably still be hiding under black cloths while putting sensitized glass plates into the back of our rosewood cameras.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- Coover stumbled upon the chemical, called cyanoacrylate, in 1942 while developing gun sights for Eastman Kodak. Boing Boing
- Eastman Kodak is a major sponsor of the Olympics.