- standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian; used in the eastern United States
How To Use Eastern Time In A Sentence
- For those of you who missed it, CNN's replay of last night's presidential debate begins one hour from now at 2: 00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Apparently he will be be the last witness of the day, which means he may not testify until middle or late afternoon Eastern Time.
- We are in countdown mode here at the Kennedy Space Center, as you look at live pictures of Eileen Collins, the commander of this mission, preparing with her communications gear, so-called beanie cap she's putting on there, before she makes her way into the Space Shuttle Discovery. launch expected 10: 39 a.m. Eastern Time. CNN Transcript Jul 26, 2005
- YML is videocast each Wednesday night from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time or from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Final preparations are being made for the election with the polls scheduled to open at 11 p.m. Eastern time.
- At about 5: 40 a.m. Eastern Time, the Mine Safety and Health Administration was informed of what they call a seismic event or ground failure near the site of the mine in question. CNN Transcript Aug 6, 2007
- Those two games take place at 00 pm eastern time.
- A live disc jockey, on air from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. eastern time, will take e-mail requests and conduct interviews with prominent women.
- Registration opens at noon eastern time on October 5th and ends on the 7th.