- of or relating to or characteristic of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- derived from the Byzantine Church and adhering to Byzantine rites
How To Use Eastern Orthodox In A Sentence
- The church services and the passionals of the saint present him as an ardent champion of Eastern orthodoxy, an opponent of the trilingual heresy
- Of the remaining people, about 180,000 are members of the Eastern Orthodox Church and about 7,300 are Jewish.
- Would an Eastern Orthodox priest bless an exhibition of, say, Byzantine icons at a Western museum?
- Irene is remembered in the Eastern Orthodox Church as a saint because she restored the use of icons in religious worship.
- The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Bible includes additional Jewish writings called the Apocrypha.
- In the Eastern Orthodox religion, priests are the primary religious authorities; they are permitted to marry.
- Take her to an Easter vigil or to an Eastern Orthodox Easter midnight service: dramatic-and she gets to stay up late.
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity emphasizes apophatic theology - the Western equivalent is sometimes called ‘negative’ theology.
- Shortly after, Bulgaria established its own patriarchate, independent of the Eastern Orthodox Church in Constantinople.
- Artusi ' s recipe for arista roast loin of pork, for instance, explains that its name derives from a form of the Greek word for " good, " used by Eastern Orthodox bishops to praise the dish when it was served to them during the 16th-century Council of Florence. Where the Stomach Is the Way to the Heart