earth colored; of something having a color of soil or earth
a range of earthlike colors
resembling or characteristic of earth
How To Use earthlike In A Sentence
- Geoengineering, its proponents would say, is about keeping the planet earthlike, and critics would say, is about making it non-earthlike. The Volokh Conspiracy » Time to Look at Geoengineering?
- Either spacetime could be made to fold, skipping ninety lightyears and putting the colony ship only seven years away from the earthlike planet that was its destination, or the ship would obliterate itself in the attempt . . . or nothing would happen at all, and it would crawl on for nine hundred more years before reaching its new world. Pathfinder
- And combustion, as they understood it, happened when phlogiston, a hypothetical earthlike substance characterized mainly by its combustibility, was removed from an object.
- Five of these are earthlike, rocky planets. The Sun
- If they found an earthlike planet there it would make it seem that much more plausible.. and if nothings found at least it should put the matter to rest. Kepler Discovers Planets-like Objects Hotter Than Stars | Universe Today
- Earth was made of embryos like Mars, but Mars is a stranded planetary embryo that never collided with other embryos to make an Earthlike planet.
- Most of the "aliens" are humans whose ancestors were abducted from earth (mostly Europe or Canada) and dropped on earthlike planets, to form colonies. Stargate SG-1 Watchathon - The Nox
- And would the public really rather know about the epoch of reionization, or where all the nearest earthlike planets are? MSL Cost Overruns: More Smoke and Mirrors from NASA - NASA Watch
- earthlike atmosphere
- is the transit method the only way we have to detect "earthlike" planets? Yahoo! Answers: Latest Questions