[ US /ˈiɹˌməf, ˈɪɹˌməf/ ]
- either of a pair of ear coverings (usually connected by a headband) that are worn to keep the ears warm in cold weather
How To Use earmuff In A Sentence
- Noise-induced hearing loss can be prevented by avoiding excessive noise and using hearing protection such as earplugs and earmuffs.
- However, when exposure is unavoidable, use earplugs or earmuffs to protect your ears from most common noise sources.
- he has been an irresistible lunatic with a strange reservoir of undying confidence, peculiar sensitivity and the kind of morality that insists on "earmuffs" for a child's ears while a frat party is planned. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- Then again, that disconnect is what makes Bob Saget's act so devastatingly funny, even if a part of us still impulsively wants to reach for the earmuffs. Getting Up Guide: Story/Stereo, Bob Saget, 'Titus Andronicus'
- This time round they will need blindfolds and earmuffs as well.
- But as it turned out when we boarded the aircraft, after donning life vests and helmets with noise-canceling earmuffs, I wasn't worried at all for myself. Mission: Osprey on Hudson
- Objective To develop a new type of feedback active noise cancellation earmuff(ANCE) for aviator's helmet.
- He was goggled and earmuffed to maintain a total lack of spatial orientation, even when being treated for a tooth problem. Dear President Bush,
- Then they blindfolded 32 undergraduate students and had them don earmuffs, thick gloves and kneepads to prevent them from using sensory cues other than smell.
- The company offers amber shooting glasses, folding earmuffs, and padded headband earmuffs.