- United States entomologist who has generalized from social insects to other animals including humans (born in 1929)
How To Use E. O. Wilson In A Sentence
- He was a sharp critic of the application of sociobiology to human behavior that developed following the publication of E. O. Wilson's Sociobiology in the 1970's.
- The biologist E. O. Wilson has argued that thisestrangement from nature is bad for the soul: "[we] descend farther from heaven's air if we forget how much the natural world means to us.
- About 25 years ago, the Harvard biologist E. O. Wilson popularized the "biophilia" hypothesis: the idea that our evolutionary history has blessed us with an innate affinity for living things.
- His mentor would likely agree. E. O. Wilson calls Moffett "a rare born naturalist" and says he "knew he was something special" from the start.