designed for or serving two purposes
a supercomputer can be used for civilian or military purposes
How To Use dual-use In A Sentence
- Lawful targets also include dual-use objects like bridges, railheads, road networks, and similar transportation infrastructure used both by civilians and by enemy armed forces.
- Last year they ordered a review of licensing for arms exports and dual-use technology.
- In addition, 36 global dual-use licences allowed restricted goods to be distributed worldwide with a single licence.
- Biotechnology's dual-use conundrum may hint at the difficulty of "binning" advanced cognitive science research and development into offensive or defensive categories. Web Edition | Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Thus, top-ranking Bulgarian officials are said to have committed document fraud and other crimes with regard to "the transfer and the very likely sale" of 10 tons of zirconium, which is a dual-use metal. Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency)
- Last year, Irish-based companies exported more than 400 consignments of dual-use goods worth €1.3bn.
- It has failed to curb its exports of dual-use technology.
- The zirconium is a dual-use metal used for the production of nuclear reactor pipes. Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency)
- Today, a torturer is likely to equip himself with non-specialized, dual-use items like a baseball bats, cables, iron pipes, pliers, sticks, and maybe a hook on the ceiling for the strappado (suspension by the wrists, tied behind the back). Russ Wellen: What Is It with Men and Torture?
- The dual-use technological mercerization is the premise of accelerating the transformation of dual-use technologic achievements.