- a large dock from which water can be pumped out; used for building ships or for repairing a ship below its waterline
How To Use dry dock In A Sentence
- He said that the dry dock was the bellwether.
- The ship is in dry dock.
- Covey Island Boatworks, award winning builders of hand-crafted yachts, power and sailboats, has brought that idea into dry dock developing a prototype wood and epoxy prefab that applies boatbuilding principles directly to an extreme Arctic home. 2008 January | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World
- It the largest dry dock in Western Europe. The Sun
- There were hangars, boat lifts, dry docks, slips and dollies surrounding the large parking lot. DOUBTFUL MOTIVES
- Three large dry docks were built at the end of the 19th century to repair and refit warships. Times, Sunday Times
- The hotel has a fresh, contemporary feel and is next door to the city's working dry dock. Times, Sunday Times
- According to the salvage plan, Kursk will be secured beneath a number of specially designed pontoons to be ferried to a dry dock in Murmansk, the base of Russia's Northern Fleet, for examination.
- a new channel for the river was excavated, which further enlarged the floating space and wharf accommodation; wet and dry docks were added; until at length the quay berthage amounted to not less than 6290 feet, or nearly a mile and a quarter in length. The Life of Thomas Telford
- The show will join the ship after its time in dry dock this autumn. The Sun