fall or diminish
The number of students in this course dropped off after the first test
change from a waking to a sleeping state
he always falls asleep during lectures
My grades are slipping
remove (cargo, people, etc.) from and leave
drop off the passengers at the hotel
unload the cargo
How To Use drop off In A Sentence
- How many issues for discussion drop off the agenda until the rings have been safely exchanged?
- Occasionally, there may be some excess skin left around the scars, if this does not drop off after a few months it will need to be surgically removed.
- I most let it drop offen the saddle as I jogged along, only I'm a sensitive kind of cupid and the buckle of the bag hit that place on my knee I got sleep-walking last week while Rose of Old Harpeth
- Both pilots took turns calculating the power required to safely drop off the howitzer at Bagram.
- If your front yard slopes downward, it is a good idea to terrace it and/or have a waist-high hedge blocking the initial drop off.
- Surveys conducted earlier this year indicated that many motorists just ‘forgot’ to buckle up after stopping for a short time, in car parks, at waste drop off centres and even at fast food outlets.
- I was restless and unable to drop off, my mind going one hundred miles an hour and flitting from one topic to the next.
- Her house is four blocks from her office, and she can drop off her kids at school before work, because their schools are less than a mile away.
- When, just before dawn, Sikes arrives to drop off some swag, Fagin plies him with a series of hypothetical questions about what he would do to someone who ‘peached’ on him.
- I've been told that the weight won't just drop off - I still have to diet and exercise to lose it, it'll just be easier than before.