[ US /ˈdɹɛs/ ]
[ UK /dɹˈɛs/ ]
[ UK /dɹˈɛs/ ]
put a finish on
dress the surface smooth
- decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
kill and prepare for market or consumption
dress a turkey
provide with clothes or put clothes on
Parents must feed and dress their child
put on clothes
Can the child dress by herself?
we had to dress quickly
dress the patient
give a neat appearance to
dress the horses
groom the dogs
put a dressing on
dress the salads
apply a bandage or medication to
dress the victim's wounds
dress my hair for the wedding
arrange in ranks
dress in a certain manner
he dressed up in a suit and tie
She dresses in the latest Paris fashion
cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
dress the plants in the garden
convert into leather
dress the tanned skins
- cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
provide with decoration
dress the windows
dress or groom with elaborate care
She likes to dress when going to the opera
clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
clothing in general
fastidious about his dress
she was refined in her choice of apparel
he always bought his clothes at the same store
- a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
(of an occasion) requiring formal clothes
a full-dress ceremony
a dress dinner
suitable for formal occasions
a full-dress uniform
How To Use dress In A Sentence
- The brightly colored outfits may be made of either cotton or such dressy fabrics as velvet, satin, and lamé.
- My store-bought long dresses are too "dressy" and made of rayon and other finer fabrics that are not suitable for housework. Sewing Simple Clothing
- I'll forward any mail to your new address.
- I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does. I-claudius Diary Entry
- Her dress showed her tanned skin to great advantage.
- Somehow, they gathered themselves to beat Limerick in the first round of the qualifiers but the core discontent hadn't been addressed.
- A professional wedding and event planner like me is prepared to address all of these concerns and more.
- He shaved, got dressed and took the elevator to the breakfast-room.
- That said, the advisability of perching a laurel crown on a horse-riding hat, which tended to happen after the equestrianism events, may have to be addressed.
- Though a lie be well dressd, it is ever overcome.