remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
She drew $2,000 from the account
The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospital's emergency bank
remove by drawing or pulling
She placed the tray down and drew off the cloth
draw away the cloth that is covering the cheese
How To Use draw off In A Sentence
- On the top of the kiln should be placed a ventilator to draw off the steam of the malt, this may be done by means of a loover or cow; the latter turns with the wind, the former is stationary. The American Practical Brewer and Tanner
- And it was ear-plugs that enabled me to win my game against the Russian Grandmaster when I failed to hear his draw offer and he blundered on his next move.
- After you draw off the finished syrup, you pour it through a thick feltlike filter, to remove the gritty mineral substance called sugar sand, which tastes terrible and clouds the syrup. The Dirty Life
- When the climate changes, when it becomes warmer, for instance, northern creatures that once were at home in the lowlands draw off into the neighboring highlands, leaving their old haunts to newcomers from the south, while nevertheless the two faunas may be only a few miles apart; just as in Montana and Alberta moose and caribou in certain places were found side by side with the prongbuck. VIII. Primeval Man; and the Horse, the Lion, and the Elephant
- We have orders to draw off our forces.
- To ensure the emergency supply, the Departmentbought a portion of the yield of Maritsane Dam which was construc of the emergency draw off point urpose dam, its long-term primaryng developed as a coffee and mac known for establishing a tea industry in South Africa. ANC Daily News Briefing
- We could draw off a pint to fill a customer's empty jam jar.
- Draw off your gloves and wash your hands.
- After laboratory technician glass draw off , the dace fish also no longer attempts eats the dace.
- It was like leeches they used back when, to draw off bad blood but in this case they drew off fat.