[ UK /dɹˈeɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈdɹeɪp/ ]
[ US /ˈdɹeɪp/ ]
cover as if with clothing
the mountain was clothed in tropical trees
arrange in a particular way
drape a cloth
The cat draped herself on the sofa
cover or dress loosely with cloth
drape the statue with a sheet
- hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- a sterile covering arranged over a patient's body during a medical examination or during surgery in order to reduce the possibility of contamination
the manner in which fabric hangs or falls
she adjusted the drape of her skirt
How To Use drape In A Sentence
- He carefully draped it over Ramirez, and soon the warmth from the luxuriant fur stilled his chattering teeth and banished the damp.
- And the Bridal Show, for married women, seemed to do just that by focusing on the Indianess of contestants who were draped in variety of colourful sarees and mesmerizing gagra cholis that dazzled with every step.
- Two flannels, draped across this, were mermaids, who swam and flopped and basked on islands of flesh.
- His midriff was protected by a drape of chainmail covering a leather girdle and loincloth.
- I found myself in a salon with a very well-painted, highly varnished floor; chairs and sofas covered with white draperies, a green porcelain stove, walls hung with pictures in gilt frames, a gilt pendule and other ornaments on the mantelpiece, a large lustre pendent from the centre of the ceiling, mirrors, consoles, muslin curtains, and a handsome centre table completed the inventory of furniture. The Professor, by Charlotte Bronte
- Another challenge exists if the patient's identification bracelet has been removed or is under surgical drapes.
- Millner, keenly aware that an aromatic savarin au rhum was describing an arc behind his head previous to being rushed back to the pantry under young Draper's indifferent eye, stiffened himself against this last assault of the enemy, and read out firmly: "What relation do you consider that a man's business conduct should bear to his religious and domestic life? The Blond Beast
- They quite unselfconsciously continued to drape themselves over each other; one would rest his head on the other's shoulder, the other would wrap his arms around his friend.
- Her green jacket was loosely draped in the crook of her elbow, and her jeans were clean, as if they had been purchased recently.
- Long pieces of sheer pink fabric were draped over the high white painted metal bedposts and the bars above that attached them.