proceed for an extended period of time
The speech dragged on for two hours
- last unnecessarily long
How To Use drag on In A Sentence
- What to do when the school holidays drag on.
- Twentieth-century fundamentalism has acted as a drag on secularizing tendencies.
- And as the winter months drag on, many of us are dying to trade in cashmere sweaters for terrycloth sundresses and bikinis.
- Almost, because fund expenses act as a drag on the upside and as a slight accelerator on the downside.
- Luckily the gray dress wasn't made to be worn with any underskirts, so it didn't drag on the ground when I didn't wear any.
- An automobile collision happens in seconds, but if there is an injury, the litigation can drag on for years.
- Drag onto the page, then right - click to show or hide stair, ladder, or dock leveler.
- There's no profit in letting meetings drag on.
- That seems like a horrible mess that will drag on for years.
- Taking a long drag on his bamboo pipe, Soo-Il would think about the request for a bit.