[ UK /dˈəʊzɐ/ ]
- large powerful tractor; a large blade in front flattens areas of ground
How To Use dozer In A Sentence
- Rachel Corrie stands in front of an Israeli army bulldozer wearing an orange jacket so that she can be easily identified and seen.
- At least the State of California limits its total liability to a paltry $5K in exchange for a prohibitively expensive premium, that even if a person chose to insure herself against would not pay the bulldozers pushing the debris to one side or the other, as no amount of money makes these liabilities "insurable" to even the most profligage premium payer. Balkinization
- Outside the front door, a bulldozer is clearing up the mess caused when a heavily laden lorry crashed into the wall and gatepost.
- He convinced the Army that it was better served by letting Caterpillar continue to manufacture bulldozers and tractors.
- One of those passive protests, where one lies down nobly in front of the bulldozers. Times, Sunday Times
- Only a few looked inhabited -- lawns bestrewn with gadgets, excavations begun with small bulldozers and abandoned, Pack or Swarm or Family flags flying from the mainmasts. Boing Boing: January 16, 2005 - January 22, 2005 Archives
- They can take a buyout package and get out of the way of the bulldozers, or wait for the city to condemn their property and force them out.
- Bulldozers have begun demolishing the terrace in front of the bowling green in readiness for the building of a members' long room and 36 executive boxes.
- Here people would just stand in front of bulldozers to change that law.
- Cranes and bulldozers were brought in to clear the streets while 18 teams of rescue workers dug with pickaxes and shovels.