[ US /ˈdaʊəɫ/ ]
[ UK /dˈaʊəl/ ]
[ UK /dˈaʊəl/ ]
- a fastener that is inserted into holes in two adjacent pieces and holds them together
How To Use dowel In A Sentence
- Lay the shade on a flat surface with the lining side up, and mark the placement for the plastic rings along the dowel casing lines, aligning them with the screw eyes in the mounting board.
- Mr McDowell insisted that he would continue to rein in the overtime budget, which is expected to reach 64 million this year.
- Dab a little wood glue into the hole, insert the dowel, and drive a 5/8-inch or 3/4-inch screw through the back of the wood to secure the dowel.
- I just made my first wedding cake a month or so ago – and you just REALLY want to make sure that all your dowels are the same size. project wedding cake: mango curd | smitten kitchen
- There's little indication of the available range of ethical theories, from crude emotivism to Platonic realism, from McDowellian objectivism to virtue theory.
- The difficulties encountered in investigations did not excuse wrongdoing on the part of gardaí, Mr McDowell said.
- My study of the Elder Futhark has been eclectic, though I approach them from the old Icelandic and Norse runic poems as interpreted by Kate MacDowell. Kelley Harrell: Harry Potter and the Elder Futhark
- I recently made one of those pulley-operated clothes airers out of dowelling and wooden coathangers whose hooks had fallen off.
- For example, we have mitre halving in Fig. 34, a mitre bridle joint in Fig. 74, a tongued and grooved mitre in Fig. 116, mitred mortise and tenon joints in Figs. 148 and 159, a dowelled mitre frame in Fig. 202, and a mitred dovetail in Fig. 286. Woodwork Joints How they are Set Out, How Made and Where Used.
- Well certainly looks like a doweling tool for making chair joints .... leg to seat connection and chair back to seat joints. What Is It? Game 112 » E-Mail