(of clothing) fastened by lapping one edge of the front well over the other usually with a double row of buttons
How To Use double-breasted In A Sentence
- When choosing a blazer, larger men should avoid double-breasted blazers because these will make the upper body look even plumper.
- The double-breasted jackets and baggy, pleated trousers now only belong in the wardrobes of those facing what sociologists call the ‘mid-life crisis.’
- He also wore double-breasted navy blazers with a crimson lining. Times, Sunday Times
- Allen-who portrayed himself as worth more than $350 million even though federal records show his annual income was less than $18,000-stood in his trademark gray slacks and double-breasted, blue blazer and responded with what Edgar Allen
- Texture had a big role in the clothes, and that stepped up the solid double-breasted swingy balmacaan coat and coated cotton blazer. KansasCity.com: Front Page
- He's wearing a blue double-breasted jacket with tea stains down the front.
- Whether you wear single or double-breasted blazers, make sure to adjust them so they fit properly throughout your entire body.
- Both look very suave in these double-breasted tuxedos from Chester and Chester.
- He would shuttle between client inventors in his own plane in double-breasted blue suits rendered light grey by a steady rain of cigarette ash. Spitfire Women of World War II
- Then their flannel and worsted pinstripe double-breasted office suiting is the last word in toney men’s wear. Archive 2009-03-01