having two purposes; twofold
our double-barreled desire to make things profitable as well as attractive
having two barrels mounted side by side
a double-barreled shotgun
How To Use double-barrelled In A Sentence
- Another stable girl said: ‘The horse did a full double-barrelled kick.’
- His only claim to fame was his double-barrelled surname.
- A double-barrelled shotgun was put to my head as part of the play.
- My surname is one of the most common in this country and hers is double-barrelled.
- The thing I do question is his double-barrelled approach - the ‘secret’ in the Bulletin, then the open allegation and the email on Channel Nine.
- When the debate had begun a couple of hours earlier, a double-barrelled assault by the them was the last thing on his mind.
- A small double-barrelled pistol was found hidden in a coffee percolator and a loaded mini revolver in a passenger's hand luggage.
- Oh yes, the great, the double-barrelled and the weak chinned were all there in their green tweedy finery.
- The shops were all either estate agents, handbag shops bought for girls by rich foreign daddies, or boutique vegetable stores where the mushrooms had double-barrelled names and cost nine pounds each.
- And I see him run inside and out he come with his double-barrelled gun.