- English author of novels and short stories who grew up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) (born in 1919)
How To Use Doris Lessing In A Sentence
- So I long for the energetic verve of a Saki, the narrative vigour and cultural cameos of a Maugham, the imaginative bizarreness of a Roald Dahl or the feminine insights of a Doris Lessing.
- Even "snooty" mainstream authors such as Margaret Atwood or Doris Lessing have no qualm with admitting they write SF. MIND MELD: Science Fiction as a 'Geek' Genre
- Barack Obama, our next likely president -- disregarding morbid Doris Lessing-esque poo-pooers, or a jittery electorate overcome with a necrophilic hunger only a bespotted failed war "hero" can slake -- is full of it. David Matthews: Obama is full of it. Hope, I mean.
- Doris Lessing was born on 22 October 1919 to British parents in Kermanshah in what was then known as Persia (now Iran) as Doris May Taylor. The Nobel Prize in Literature 2007 - Bio-bibliography
- Doris Lessing (born Doris May Tayler in Kermanshah, Persia, on 22 October 1919) is a British writer, author of works such as the novels The Grass is Singing and The Golden Notebook. doris lessing | a hunger for books « poetry dispatch & other notes from the underground