- any of various animals that have been tamed and made fit for a human environment
How To Use domesticated animal In A Sentence
- For personnel of the Emergency Rescue Team of the Fire Services and Rescue Department, rescuing pets and domesticated animals is nothing new.
- Half hippopotamus, half seal, yet in no way related to either, something between a pachyderm and cetacean, the dugong is a herbivorous marine mammal, commonly known as “the sea cow,” because of its resemblance in some particulars to that useful domesticated animal. The Confessions of a Beachcomber
- Modern Ewenki are hunters, farmers, or nomadic pastoralists - those who raise domesticated animals and wander with their herds in search of pasture and water.
- Unlike the domesticated animal, whose chief characteristics are cowardice, stupidity, and apathy, the wild variety is remarkable for its sagacity and admirably developed senses.
- Simple hunting of wild cattle eventually gave way to herding of semi-domesticated animals in organized estancias.
- The shift from surf to turf corresponds with the arrival of domesticated animals in Great Britain.
- Maria longed for a larger, less isolated life that included people and domesticated animals, fat curly terriers or blue-eyed huskies.
- However, having domesticated animals free to roam inside a house, contact with which would require ritual cleansing, would be quite tricky from a practical point of view for Muslims who are required to pray five times a day – even though there is no actual legal prohibition of dog ownership. Dogs: Iran's new symbol of rebellion
- A closely related pathogen, namely B. mallei is an obligatory zoonotic parasite causing glanders, but it seems to have virtually disappeared from domesticated animals and humans, decades ago.
- No matter how well treated, an elephant remains an undomesticated animal.