- large slender food and game fish widely distributed in warm seas (especially around Hawaii)
- the lean flesh of a saltwater fish found in warm waters (especially in Hawaii)
How To Use dolphinfish In A Sentence
- The researchers studied species, ranging from sharks to dolphinfish, that represented the different stages of fish evolution.
- Offshore, we got into dolphinfish in good numbers, plus some wahoo. The Greatest Fishing Lodges in the World
- One approaching construction phase is an aquaculture project breeding dolphinfish.
- Dorado: dolphinfish, caught along the Pacific coast off Zihuatenejo. Culinary guide to Mexican fish and shellfish: Las delicias del mar I
- You will find discussions on "otoliths in dolphinfish", "iron content in adult eel", and "fish biomass estimates for oligotrophic systems," all within the past 6 months. How do you know the fishes are enjoying themselves?
- And big dorado (dolphinfish), as well as lesser members of the tuna family, can almost always be found along the offshore weedlines. Off Keys
- Even more widely available are fresh snapper, wahoo (similar to tuna) and mahi-mahi – another delicious white fish that is also known as dorado or locally (and rather bizarrely) dolphinfish. Enjoy the international flavour of the Cayman Islands
- The company is currently investigating two locations for the project, which will eventually produce 2000 tonnes a year of dolphinfish for the export market.