[ US /ˈdɑɫˌhaʊs/ ]
[ UK /dˈɒlhaʊs/ ]
[ UK /dˈɒlhaʊs/ ]
- a house so small that it is likened to a child's plaything
- a small model of a house used as a toy by children
How To Use dollhouse In A Sentence
- I knew that my dollhouse was a toy, but in a way it seemed more like a portal to adulthood. NYT > Home Page
- The general effect at the table is of a dollhouse, or a tea party.
- Stephanie, age four, lugged in her big dollhouse and plunked it in the midst of the myriad of toys already spread out on the floor. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grandmothers
- Dollhouse, about a shady cabal that strips itsemployees or "actives" of their personalities and imprints them with new ones(for a fee, obvs) to do whatever their clients want, stars Eliza Dushku (pictured) as Echoand Battlestar Galactica‘s Tahmoh Penikett as an FBI agent who’s been looking into theillicit organization. Comic-Con: As Joss Whedon looks on, stars remarkably at ease with each other during 'Dollhouse' panel | EW.com
- The dollhouse was the opposite: noisy, chaotic, full of contention. The Barbie Chronicles
- I was not even precisely pleased by it in the way I would have been by, say, a new dress for my doll or a piece of furniture for my dollhouse.
- And today, in Provincetown, three hours away by car from Boston, these dollhouses, these inexpensive art galleries, these fishing shacks with painted clapboard façades gnawed by salt and snow — this typically middle-class seaside resort whose other peculiarity is to have become, over time, a gay town. In the Footsteps of Tocqueville (Part V)
- A dollhouse was his favorite, and he filled it with furnishings and people. Boston.com Top Stories
- Welcome to the Dollhouse in 1995 when she was only eleven years old, playing a character who was cruelly teased by classmates and called "lesbo," among other things. AfterEllen.com - Because visibility matters
- A Kodak mother here photographing her daughter playing with her dollhouse could be a work by Laurie Simmons; it lacks only the feminist quotation marks. Kodak's Grand Central Moments