- (Islam) an invisible spirit mentioned in the Koran and believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals
How To Use djinn In A Sentence
- Yrisande is an afreet, one of the lesser djinn.
- Yes, there was one vampire and I am started to get a bit tired of vampires at this point, especially since I was never a big fan of them in the first place, but this supernatural world also contains kelpies, selkies, gnomes, djinn, nahual, a barghest, and nagas. Archive 2009-10-01
- The second ring was platinum and protected against djinni and evil spirits. Born to Bark
- But Joanne is now a different kind of supernatural being: a Djinn. You’re with Stupid (Me) « Urban Fantasy Land
- JC, I figure Lester played a lot of AD&D growing up, and the poor djinni just spent too much time in the bottle. DJINNI BEACH • by Michael D. Turner
- Did she not tell you about the djinn, the wandering spirits? September 17 , 2004
- Today a djinni would have to operate with contracts, agents and lawyers, because nobody is going to fall for the old “run your mouth, be careful what you wish for” line. DJINNI BEACH • by Michael D. Turner
- Halema began to describe the life of the desert djinn who people the underworld.
- I have also indulged myself with words such as 'djinn' and 'houri' and 'hooligan' which Taita never employed, but which, I feel certain, he would have used if they had formed part of his vocabulary. River God
- And indeed — though I now know that Allah is everywhere and in all things — there were times when the distance between Allah and I seemed so great, so impassable, that I thought my prayers at salat were lost in the hell-red, befouled city sky, diverted from Mecca and stolen by nefarious djinn. The Parable of the Spider