- an internationally recognized signal sent out by a ship or plane indicating that help is needed
How To Use distress call In A Sentence
- Unwaveringly these incredibly brave volunteers get in the chopper and answer the distress call.
- The crew made a distress call after their 47 foot yacht started dragging its anchor and was in danger of going ashore onto the rocks.
- The first rescue craft did not arrive on the scene until well after the distress calls. Times, Sunday Times
- I HAD JUST ABOUT GOTTEN HOME when the distress call crackled in: "Available units, proceed to three oh three Seventh, near Townsend. 2nd Chance
- The number is programmed into the radio and identifies the caller, which should eventually cut down on hoax distress calls.
- Yes | No | Report from cvitols wrote 50 weeks 4 days ago becareful with these distress calls. saw a guy using this call on the edge of thick brush and a grizzly jumped out at 20 yards and the guy popped him at 10 feet. Learn to Speak Coyote
- They were taught how to identify different birds and their habitat, methods of bird control, use of bird distress calls and how to disperse the feathered visitors using scaring techniques.
- Back at bomber command, the radio operator received the distress call.
- The aging fireboat has responded to thousands of distress calls in its half-century of service.
- The radio operator sent a Mayday distress call, which was logged by the local Coastguard station at 12.06 am.