[ UK /dɪstˈɪŋktli/ ]
[ US /dɪˈstɪŋktɫi/ ]
[ US /dɪˈstɪŋktɫi/ ]
to a distinct degree
urbanization in Spain is distinctly correlated with a fall in reproductive rate
in a distinct and distinguishable manner
the subtleties of this distinctly British occasion
clear to the mind; with distinct mental discernment
I could clearly see myself in his situation
it's distinctly possible
How To Use distinctly In A Sentence
- Their bodies are not distinctly segmented, but an important feature of their anatomy is the carapace, a folded shell-like structure which covers the animal and opens both ventrally and posteriorly.
- This year, Artweek celebrates its tenth anniversary, and events have a distinctly cosmopolitan flavour.
- Noradrenaline decreased I_(K) distinctly. Isoprenaline and acetylcholine showed no effect on I_(K) in isolated rat hepatocytes.
- The shell surface is distinctly annulated along its sides, with broad annulae that are separated by deep narrow grooves.
- And Bob and uh others … I was pointing a usage of the word enjoy in a specific way … made possible by todays culture of "enjoy" that is distinctly different from the way the Westminster catechesim uses the word. Reclaiming the Mission
- We were doing our best, but our role was becoming distinctly secondary.
- In the receding angle below the chin is the hyoid bone, and the finger can be carried along the bone to the tip of the greater cornu, which is on a level with the angle of the mandible: the greater cornu is most readily appreciated by making pressure on one side, when the cornu of the opposite side will be rendered prominent and can be felt distinctly beneath the skin. XII. Surface Anatomy and Surface Markings. 1. Surface Anatomy of the Head and Neck
- She landed on the hood, feetfirst, with a metallic thunk and a distinctly less metallic snap. Crossed
- They also represent one artist's vision and interpretation of something that must have seemed distinctly exciting and foreign.
- Indeed, it is highly unlikely that White would capture on b7 in this line, 17 0-0 looking distinctly superior.