[ UK /dˈaɪsɛkt/ ]
[ US /daɪˈsɛkt/ ]
[ US /daɪˈsɛkt/ ]
make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features
analyze a chemical compound
analyze a sentence
analyze a specimen
cut open or cut apart
dissect the bodies for analysis
How To Use dissect In A Sentence
- The unforested hills and plateaus of the Dissected Loess Uplands ecoregion are cut by the canyons of Ecoregion 10l and are disjunct. Ecoregions of Idaho (EPA)
- Part 6 of the Shadow of the Bat (27: 00) takes another thoroughly extensive featurette that concentrates on dissecting the "toyetic" nature of DVD Talk
- His dissection of the eye yielded the distinction between cornea, retina, iris, and chorioid coat.
- Granted, we have reams of remote sensing data from that first investigation, including the information from the detailed dissection of the spider biot done by Dr. Laura Ernst. But the cosmonauts brought home only one artifact, a tiny piece of some kind of biomechanical flower whose physical characteristics had already irreversibly changed before any of its mysteries could be understood, We have nothing else in the way of souvenirs from that first excursion. Rama Revisited
- Thank you for such a smart dissection of an article like this, which I agree contributes to the kind of unwholesome blogosphere folderol that I try to avoid on my own blog. How to Irritate and Annoy People in the Name of Blogging « Whatever
- He then proceeds to dissect Heidegger's model of subjectivity according to three methodological phases.
- Guidelines from the Royal College of Pathologists allow mortuary technicians to dissect bodies and remove organs in the absence of the pathologist.
- The anthers were dissected from the buds under a stereoscope.
- Dionne Searcey/The Wall Street Journal Mr. Scott let National Weather Service meteorologists cast molds of the hailstone at their lab in Boulder, but he wouldn't let them dissect it. Mr. Scott's Hefty Hailstone
- ‘But, if the body was dissected, it could not be treated with embalming fluids at all,’ Chen said.