[ US /ˈdɪsk/ ]
[ UK /dˈɪsk/ ]
[ UK /dˈɪsk/ ]
- draw a harrow over (land)
something with a round shape resembling a flat circular plate
the moon's disk hung in a cloudless sky
- a flat circular plate
- (computer science) a memory device consisting of a flat disk covered with a magnetic coating on which information is stored
- sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
How To Use disk In A Sentence
- Most systems default to booting from either the floppy disk drive or the hard drive.
- Make a boot disk in case your computer is damaged or compromised
- The listener can be a bottleneck if it is single threaded, and if InterChange Server is not running on a high speed disk subsystem.
- The Kuiper belt is an icy disk of debris orbiting the sun, beyond Neptune, and is the original home of many comets.
- In the absence of networking, students need to submit work on floppy disks.
- Now hardware is silicon chips and software is floppy disks. Infinite in All Directions
- To specify hard disks, use -hda, -hdb, -hdc, and -hdd to refer to Parallel ATA (PATA) hard disks, and -cdrom to identify a CD or DVD image file or device.
- - Go to the folder myjavaprograms where you saved the program - To compile a Java program, we type in the command: javac [filename] - So in this case, type in: javac Hello. java During compilation, javac adds a file to the disk called [filename] Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- The discovery of a small planetoid in the Kuiper belt, the distant disk of debris whose chunks eventually formed the solar system, make Pluto's chances of holding onto its status of bona fide planet weaker.
- Your hardware vendor should have benchmark data stating the expected Memory, CPU (FLOPS), Disk, and Network performance.