[ UK /dˌɪsɛmbˈaʊəlmənt/ ]
- the act of removing the bowels or viscera; the act of cutting so as to cause the viscera to protrude
How To Use disembowelment In A Sentence
- Disembowelment played a part as a method of execution and ritual suicides once in Japan.
- Maybe it was just some weird ritual disembowelment or something.
- The word - in a horror film at least - usually precedes disembowelment and death.
- Beheadings, cutting of throats and casual shootings were the more common actions — compared to instances of bayonet stabbing, rape, disembowelment, rifle butt beating and a deliberate refusal to allow the prisoners food or water while keeping them continually marching for nearly a week in tropical heat. The Greatest Military Defeats In U.S. History | myFiveBest
- A Japanese citizen failed in his attempt to commit Seppuku, a form of ritual suicide by disembowelment, in front of the Houses of Parliament in Tokyo Monday after police foiled his bid.
- Was it possible that she had actually lived through the disembowelment?
- TV stalwart Dennis Cole must fight the mob (headed by Tenebre’s Anthony Franciosa) and an army of the living dead to rescue pretty Tane McClure (Legally Blonde) and a batch of cute tykes from certain disembowelment. Zombie Death House | BuyZombie.com
- The ceremonial disembowelment, which is usually part of a more elaborate ritual and performed in front of spectators, consists of plunging a short blade, traditionally a tantō, into the abdomen and moving the blade from left to right in a slicing motion. Arrowhead Pride
- Scalia, Stevens said, concluded in his opinion that the Eighth Amendment prohibited specific kinds of punishments, including drawing and quartering and disembowelment, "but contained no requirement that the punishment fit the crime. Justice Alito Will Not Attend Obama's State Of The Union
- Hara kiri," however, is the vulgar term for "seppuku," the ritual self-disembowelment practiced during feudal times in Japan. The Most Evil Corporations, Industries and Orgs