[ UK /dɪskˈʌʃən/ ]
[ US /dɪˈskəʃən/ ]
[ US /dɪˈskəʃən/ ]
an exchange of views on some topic
we had a good discussion
we had a word or two about it
an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic
his treatment of the race question is badly biased
How To Use discussion In A Sentence
- Second, that the entire Reichstag assented to the declarations made by the speakers on Tuesday that the Emperor had exceeded his constitutional prerogatives in private discussion with foreigners concerning Germany's attitude on controverted questions. New York Times Current History: The European War from the Beginning to March 1915, Vol 1, No. 2 Who Began the War, and Why?
- The distich caused discussion regarding the quantity of "hic", but the pope defended the prosody of Voltaire who confirmed his opinion by a quotation from Virgil which he said ought to be the epitaph of The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 2: Assizes-Browne
- Yet marital relations were a constant theme of controversy, discussion, humour and, of course, song.
- There was some discussion about the relationship between official and unofficial action.
- Part B (to be completed during the appraisal by the appraiser - where appropriate and safe to do so, certain items can completed by the appraiser before the appraisal, and then discussed and validated or amended in discussion with the appraisee during the appraisal.) name of appraiser: position: time managing appraisee: B1 Describe the purpose of the appraisee's job. Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- They had a detailed discussion of the issues.
- Drinking among the upper classes of Persian society, for example, took place at secret parties reminiscent of Greek symposia with their strictly ritualized etiquette and emphasis on poetry and discussion.
- But this week, as far as Hoss knew, Pa hadn't taken either of them aside for a heart-to-heart discussion.
- ‘She's the first step to selling out the sport,’ one critic carped in an online discussion group.
- The discussion then went off on a tangent, to the question of how many spheres of equal size could rotate around a central ball of the same size.