[ US /ˌdɪsˈkəvɹi, dɪˈskəvɝi, dɪˈskəvɹi/ ]
[ UK /dɪskˈʌvəɹi/ ]
[ UK /dɪskˈʌvəɹi/ ]
- (law) compulsory pretrial disclosure of documents relevant to a case; enables one side in a litigation to elicit information from the other side concerning the facts in the case
- the act of discovering something
- a productive insight
- something that is discovered
How To Use discovery In A Sentence
- Not for a very long time has the discovery of new music so profoundly moved and excited me as the contents of this disc.
- Apparently, the discovery that Landis is 10,000 years old further proves the fact that he is using performance enhancing steroids. creeky belly Doping ID - The Panda's Thumb
- It is true that, even at the time of the discovery of nitrobenzol, he pointed out the striking similarity of its smell to that of the oil of bitter almonds. The Art of Perfumery And Methods of Obtaining the Odors of Plants
- Penicillin was an extremely significant medical discovery.
- The scientists cannot say if the "hominin" was male or female, but adopted the name tag "X-woman" because the discovery was based on maternally inherited DNA. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- This magnificent bit of luck, the finding of the calisaya, awakened in the susceptible bosom of Mr. Marcoy an ardent desire to explore for himself the site of its discovery. Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science Volume 11, No. 23, February, 1873
- The dates of discovery of these elements as 1789 for uranium, 1829 for thorium, 1899 for actinium and 1913 for protactinium.
- This discovery is an historic one, General, and I hope it is not out of line to say that I am proud to be a part of it. 365 tomorrows » J. Loseth : A New Free Flash Fiction SciFi Story Every Day
- Once the thrill of its discovery had passed, Peter got onto the business of exploring the place a little better.
- Its name commemorates Voli Voli Cave (one of the discovery sites) and Atholl Anderson, well known for his many contributions to the prehistory and palaeoecology of south-west Pacific islands. The small, recently extinct, island-dwelling crocodilians of the south Pacific