[ US /dɪˈskəvɝ/ ]
[ UK /dɪskˈʌvɐ/ ]
[ UK /dɪskˈʌvɐ/ ]
make a discovery
The story is false, so far as I can discover
She found that he had lied to her
get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
I see that you have been promoted
I learned that she has two grown-up children
see for the first time; make a discovery
Who discovered the North Pole?
the archeologists chanced upon an old tomb
The hikers finally struck the main path to the lake
she struck a goldmine
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
unwrap the evidence in the murder case
he broke the news to her
The newspaper uncovered the President's illegal dealings
bring out the truth
The actress won't reveal how old she is
The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold
make a discovery, make a new finding
Roentgen discovered X-rays
Physicists believe they found a new elementary particle
discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water
We found traces of lead in the paint
How To Use discover In A Sentence
- Not for a very long time has the discovery of new music so profoundly moved and excited me as the contents of this disc.
- Brandt was the impresario who had discovered Carly Simon and unleashed the Rolling Stones on America.
- After using Gentoo I discovered that they're not that "ricer" community everyone claims they are. Planet Ubuntu
- Apparently, the discovery that Landis is 10,000 years old further proves the fact that he is using performance enhancing steroids. creeky belly Doping ID - The Panda's Thumb
- It is true that, even at the time of the discovery of nitrobenzol, he pointed out the striking similarity of its smell to that of the oil of bitter almonds. The Art of Perfumery And Methods of Obtaining the Odors of Plants
- Oddly, these TV wreck detectives are always trying to find out something which the experienced real divers nannying them around the wreck discovered when they first dived the ship 20 years ago.
- Penicillin was an extremely significant medical discovery.
- He travelled widely in pursuit of his ornithological passion, making many new discoveries. SPIX'S MACAW: THE RACE TO SAVE THE WORLD'S RAREST BIRD
- When he discovered, in 1954, that dimethylnitrosamine was hepatotoxic he noticed that the poisoned livers contained enlarged cells similar to those seen in veno-occlusive disease.
- Methone is a bit bigger than Anthe, at 3km (1.8 miles) in diameter, it too was discovered by the Cassini imaging team in 2004. Tom's Astronomy Blog