[ US /ˈdɪsə/ ]
- any orchid of the genus Disa; beautiful orchids with dark green leaves and usually hooded flowers; much prized as emblematic flowers in their native regions
How To Use disa In A Sentence
- He watched them disappear from his view, his father still waddling along with that bloody basket.
- Some groups consistently face discrimination: age is one mode of socially structured disadvantage.
- These will involve more rigorous checks on claimants to make sure their disability qualifies. The Sun
- The results were disastrous, plunging the country into deep depression, with high unemployment, sharply falling living standards and serious political unrest.
- Petanque may be the only sport inspired by a disability - that of Jules LeNoir, who in 1910 was a dedicated player of boules, a French game much like bocce ball.
- Critics argue it was only Lottery money and government cash that prevented the Games from being a financial disaster.
- For winemakers in the Rhone, 2002 was a disastrous year, with violent storms and huge rainfall during the harvest.
- Some of the most popular pairings pitted contrasting advantages and disadvantages against one another.
- A study by Conservation International, an American organisation, found that nearly a third of frogs, toads, newts and other amphibian species were likely to disappear within 100 years.
- Moreover some parts of gain will devolute to Italian Red Cross seriously employed in the disastrous earthquake land that hit the middle lands of Italia few weeks ago. MacMegasite