How To Use Dipsacus In A Sentence
- These findings indicate that both dipsacus asper and VE can prevent the overexpression of the APP in dosal hippocampal formation, and improve the learning and memorizing abilities of rat.
- An illustration of it is afforded by the figure (fig. 2), showing cohesion affecting the branches of a teazle (_Dipsacus sylvestris_). Vegetable Teratology An Account of the Principal Deviations from the Usual Construction of Plants
- The tortures that follow include strapping what Thomas calls a ‘teazle’ into William's mouth as a gag to choke him (presumably the large prickly seed-heads of teasels, Dipsacus fulonnum, that were used in the fulling of cloth).
- Finally, a nap is raised on the surface of the chechia by means of an implement made from the elongated, dried flower-head of a type of teasel (genus Dipsacus) grown and harvested near the village of el-'Aliya near Bizerte on the north coast.
- Wild flowers present include wild basil (Clinopodium vulgare), agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria), hedge bedstraw (Galium mollugo) and wild teasel (Dipsacus fullonum).