[ UK /daɪɡɹˈɛs/ ]
[ US /daɪˈɡɹɛs/ ]
[ US /daɪˈɡɹɛs/ ]
- wander from a direct or straight course
lose clarity or turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking
Don't digress when you give a lecture
her mind wanders
She always digresses when telling a story
How To Use digress In A Sentence
- At this point I must once again digress briefly to say that I am totally in agreement with the response of the President of the Canadian Labour Congress, Joe Morris, to the announcement last week that the federal government intends to impose works councils on industries coming under federal jurisdiction. Let's Get Back to People
- I would like to digress at this point, to describe another use for allopruinol which materialized about 10 years later, because it typifies the kind of chemotherapeutic selectivity which can be achieved with purine analogs as the result of differences in the specificties of parasitic and mammalian enzymes. Nobel Lecture The Purine Path To Chemotherapy
- In fact, the response went on to totally digress from the topic and talked more about the airline’s new premium cabins, and not customer service. » 2010 » March » 09 - SimpliFlying || Aviation :: Branding :: Technology || Airline marketing, airline brand management, social media, Web 2.0
- We get an extended mental digression from him on how to emotionally distance oneself from crying people.
- intermolecular" (and how do you have "intermolecular forces" if you have a gas which isn't molecules, but I digress: -). Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium - Recent changes [en]
- (although that kind of digressed in the latest issue because I wrote about New York's Ra Ra Riot). who the bloody hell are they?
- If you expect to develop as a writer you must learn to digress and be at times totally irrelevant. THE DICE MAN
- But I digress (if not faff): the important point, at least for me, is that I went, I saw, I ate, I drank, but did so without regret or self-recrimination. Cheeseburger Gothic » Burger Lite 26 Feb
- `I must not digress, but when I look back, I can see the irony of it. MOONDROP TO MURDER
- I'll tell you a funny story,if I may digress from my subject for a monent.