- tubular passage of mucous membrane and muscle extending about 8.3 meters from mouth to anus; functions in digestion and elimination
How To Use digestive tube In A Sentence
- The splanchnopleure, which lies on the endoblast, takes part in the formation of the wall of the digestive tube.
- In the innocent butterfly, who lives on the juice of flowers, the digestive tube terminates externally in a sort of _trunk, _ twisted in several convolutions, which is nothing more than an exaggerated elongation of the two jaws, which become hollow within, and form a tube when joined together. The History of a Mouthful of Bread And its effect on the organization of men and animals
- Alimentary anaphylaxis is characterized by the antigen, whether alimentary or not, being introduced into the organism by means of the digestive tube. Charles Richet - Nobel Lecture
- Included in this tissue are the body-stalk and the vitelline ductthe former containing the allantoic diverticulum and the umbilical vessels, the latter forming the communication between the digestive tube and the yolk-sac. I. Embryology. 11. Development of the Fetal Membranes and Placenta
- In reptiles, birds, and many mammals the amnion is developed in the following manner: At the point of constriction where the primitive digestive tube of the embryo joins the yolk-sac a reflection or folding upward of the somatopleure takes place. I. Embryology. 11. Development of the Fetal Membranes and Placenta