- optical device consisting of a surface with many parallel grooves in it; disperses a beam of light (or other electromagnetic radiation) into its wavelengths to produce its spectrum
How To Use diffraction grating In A Sentence
- He is shown seated before his famous invention: a ruling machine for producing concave diffraction gratings, which are slightly curved metal plates scored with minutely spaced lines that diffract light into spectra.
- Seminal work on the diffraction grating was done by Joseph von Fraunhofer beginning in 1821, who demonstrated that the gratings could produce spectra of unprecedented quality.
- When a source (such as the sun) gives off light, that light can be dispersed into a rainbow spectrum by a prism or diffraction grating.
- Some integrated optics devices can be made based on the interdigital electrooptic bragg diffraction grating.
- The term radiation alone is used commonly for this type of energy, although it actually has a broader meaning. ... light of wave length 570 nm illuminates a diffraction grating. the second-order maximum is at angle 41.5 degre? Yahoo! Answers: Latest Questions
- In their chiral nematic states, the materials have a helical macrostructure which acts like a diffraction grating and selectively reflect light just like a compact disc does.
- Nanostructures that coherently scatter have been referred to as thin-film reflectors, multilayer reflectors, quarterwave stacks, Bragg scatterers, and diffraction gratings.
- Plane diffraction grating, logarithmic amplifier and stable constant- current source are used in the system, thus the performance of the instrument is enhanced significantly and the cost is reduced.
- This paper presents a new non-contact displacement sensor with diffraction grating metrology system based on an improved Foucault focus detection method.
- A diffraction grating can accomplish the same separation of colors because of diffraction.