- an insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans; banned in the United States since 1972
How To Use dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane In A Sentence
- Some examples of POPS are polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins, and pesticides like dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT), chlordane, and dieldrin. Baby Bites
- In Africa these include dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and Chlordane. Chemical use in Africa~ management and responses
- Over the past 30 years, a global outcry against using the pesticide dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, or DDT, has led to the resurgence of the mosquito, a voracious consumer of human blood and carrier of infectious disease. Scott Dodd: Climate Change Drives Dengue Fever Re-Emergence in U.S.
- It's called dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane or DDT. Craig and Marc Kielburger: Swatting Out Malaria with Education
- A book documenting among other things the effect of an environmental pesticide ingredient known as dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, called DDT for short awakened a population to the danger of pollutants. EzineArticles
- Coincidentally, and perhaps ironically, an expert committee convened by the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants is also meeting this week, in Geneva, to discuss dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane or DDT, an anti-malaria insecticide that has been saving lives since 1945. Free the Fight Against Malaria
- DDT--dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane--is perhaps the most effective tool in the arsenal to combat the deadly malaria pandemic. Should We Feed Hungry People, Even If It's Bad For The Environment?
- Pesticides such as dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) are used primarily to control malaria as well as in the veterinary sector to control plague-transmitting fleas and trypanosomiasis transmitting tsetse flies. Chemical use in Africa~ opportunities and risks
- In the past, farmers have used toxic chemicals such as calcium arsenate, Paris green, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, and toxaphene to rid their cotton crops of insects.
- And we found in my blood trace levels of PCBs [Polychlorinated biphenyls - a man-made organic chemical], DDT [dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane - a synthetic pesticide], PFCs [Perfluorocarbons - linked to infertility] and high levels of flame retardant. Plastic Trash in Oceans Enters Marine Food Chain