[ UK /dˈaɪsəntɹɐ/ ]
- North American and Asian herbs with divided leaves and irregular flowers
How To Use Dicentra In A Sentence
- But thanks for the willful misreading of my intent (without asking for clarification), for accusing me of nativism, and of assuming that I use the category “real Americans” in the “No True Scotsman” vein.dicentra(Quote) The Volokh Conspiracy » Paul Hollander on the Fall of Communism
- Plants like astilbes, dicentras and bergenias, which need no staking, spread relatively slowly and are easy to pull up when necessary are ideal.
- The everblooming bleeding hearts, dicentra eximia, are just beginning. Monday Report « Fairegarden
- I cannot get dicentras and pulmonarias to grow well.
- Gardener Roger Brooks will be around to talk to, there will be a plant sale including dicentras from the national collection and the 15th century church will also be open.
- April 17, the Clark Fork Chapter of the Montana Native Plant Society hosts Revisiting Dicentra uniflora, an eight-mile roundtrip hike with ecologist Mike Young in search of this intriguing wildflower (aka the longhorn bleeding-heart), which starts at 10 AM at the Rattlesnake Trailhead. Missoula Independent
- This HUGE bed of old-fashioned bleeding hearts (dicentra spectabalis) must have popped up overnight – the bed isabout7 feet long by3 feet wide. A whopping bed of bleeding hearts almost made me drive off the side of the road « Sugar Creek Gardens’ Blog
- This is also a prime time to plant shade-loving perennials such as colorful columbines and dicentras, with their unusual bleeding-heart-shaped flowers.
- The fern leaf bleeding hearts, Dicentra eximia have been everblooming since early spring. November Dreams Bloom Day « Fairegarden
- Kunst says one of his favorite bulbs is Dutchman's breeches (Dicentra cucullaria), which was introduced to him by his first-grade teacher. Plant native bulbs now for thriving Midwest gardens