- a light soil consisting of siliceous diatom remains and often used as a filtering material
How To Use diatomaceous earth In A Sentence
- This filtering, aka fining, is typically performed with fish-bladder isinglass or egg whites, although some companies now choose vegan alternatives such as bentonite clay, silica gel, diatomaceous earth and Irish moss, a seaweed product also known as carrageenan. Anneli Rufus: Are Animals in Your Cocktail?
- The richest sources of diatom fossils are deposits of their skeletons known as diatomite, or diatomaceous earth.
- Experimenting with different mixtures, engineers and scientists came up with a recipe that includes play sand for children's sandboxes, diatomaceous earth for swimming pool filters and mortar clay powder.
- Diatomaceous earth, shredded bark, eggshells, and wood ash have been used as barriers to prevent slugs from feeding on plants.
- Citrus-oil products, pyrethrin products, as well as those with pyrethrins and diatomaceous earth, may be effective.
- Diatomaceous earth, a powder-like dust made of tiny marine organisms called diatoms, can be used to reduce damage from soft-bodied insects and slugs. Pest management
- Only attempt to deal with limited infestations yourself, using a product based on diatomaceous earth (10 for 400g). Times, Sunday Times
- Such layers, or beds, of diatoms are called diatomaceous earth, or diatomite. Diatomite
- Small amounts of active charcoal mixed with diatomaceous earth are sometimes used during final filtration in the hope of removing unstable colloids which could potentially form a haze.
- Industrial steam, vacuuming and abrasives such as diatomaceous earth are some of the methods used for removing and controlling bedbugs. IU News: Arts and Humanities