[ UK /daɪəlˈɛktɪks/ ]
- a rationale for dialectical materialism based on change through the conflict of opposing forces
How To Use dialectics In A Sentence
- Impelled by Benjamin's thinking about allegory, Adorno finds an anti-essentialist, anti-aestheticist constructivism at the heart of Immanuel Kant's aesthetics and the Kantian Critical Philosophy as a whole, which, Adorno suggests, remains surprisingly central to Marxian dialectics and kindred efforts in critical thought. Intervention & Commitment Forever!: Shelley in 1819, Shelley in Brecht, Shelley in Adorno, Shelley in Benjamin
- For five have the sesquialter proportion, three cups of water being mixed in two of wine; three, the double proportion, two being mixed with one; four, the sesquiterce, three cups of water to one of wine, which is the epitrite proportion for those exercising their minds in the council-chamber or frowning over dialectics, when changes of speeches are expected, — a sober and mild mixture. Essays and Miscellanies
- Dreams and dialectics Hippy and student activist continue to recognize each other as allies.
- In point of fact, Weber's rationalization thesis can be understood with richer nuance when we approach it as, for lack of better terms, a dialectics of disenchantment and reenchantment rather than as a one-sided, unilinear process. Asthmatic
- Whether the abandonment of the dialectics of nature necessarily entails the abandonment of the materialist conception of history, as Monod seemed to think, seems quite a different matter.
- There is a further consideration, namely a dialectics of political exclusion that is in some ways the very opposite of what is usually believed. MRZine.org
- It is neither absolutism nor mysticism, nor nihilism, but full of logics and dialectics.
- Dialectics had now given way to difference. The Times Literary Supplement
- There are other expositions of the theory of dialectics which present it in opposition to formal logic.
- He's not some disreputable, anti-social obsessive -- he's a veritable exegete of 9/11 anomalies, as fluent in the jargon of physics as he is in political dialectics. 9/11 Truth and the Paranoid Style - Boing Boing