- retinopathy involving damage to the small blood vessels in the retina; results from chronically high blood glucose levels in people with poorly controlled diabetes
How To Use diabetic retinopathy In A Sentence
- Currently, laser surgery and a procedure called a vitrectomy are highly effective in treating diabetic retinopathy.
- Pain relief during panretinal photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy: a national survey Naturejobs - All Jobs
- There was one false positive with single-field screening -- a case of venous occlusion wrongly classified as referable diabetic retinopathy. MedPageToday.com - medical news plus CME for physicians
- Any treatment to be used routinely to prevent proliferative diabetic retinopathy likely needs to be relatively safe because the condition already can be treated successfully and safely with panretinal photocoagulation. â€œNevertheless, further investigation with regard to the role of pharmacotherapy for reduction of the incidence of progression of retinopathy appears to be warranted," they added. The Times of India
- Diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy may be related to too much sorbitol in the cells of the eyes and nerves.
- The most common causes of visual impairment in the elderly include presbyopia, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
- A special photographic process is very helpful in detecting early effects of diabetic retinopathy.
- Overall, almost half of all Latinos with diabetes had diabetic retinopathy.
- The study identifies age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, and diabetic retinopathy as the most common eye diseases in Americans age 40 and over.
- Google has developed a system that can detect diabetic retinopathy, a cause of blindness, by looking at retina images. Times, Sunday Times