diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria
when doctors say `diabetes' they usually mean `diabetes mellitus'
How To Use diabetes mellitus In A Sentence
- A report recently published in the American Journal of Epidemiology suggested that smoking increased the risk of developing non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus by more than three times.
- A 58 year old man with a clinical history of diabetes mellitus and left renal lithiasis presented with a left inguinal mass.
- One-year mortality was reduced regardless of gender, presence of diabetes mellitus or heart failure, or treatment with diuretics, digitalis, beta blockers or anticoagulants.
- Objective To explore the relationship between obese children with benign acanthosis nigricans and insulin-resistant and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- As knowledge of basic platelet metabolism increases it will be more easy to identify platelet abnormalities and their pathogenesis in diabetes mellitus.
- (glycogenic function of the liver, the consumption of glycogen through work of the muscles, the discovery of vascular nerves, the chemistry of the bile and the urine, theory of diabetes mellitus, assimiliation of sugar, atrophy of the pancreas, the power of the pancreatic juice to digest albumen, and the theory of animal heat). The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 10: Mass Music-Newman
- Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease that has reached epidemic proportions.
- There were anti - insulin receptor antibodies in 3 of 26 diabetes mellitus.
- None was taking chronic medication or had a history of gastrointestinal disease, surgery, or diabetes mellitus.
- We also excluded patients with diabetes mellitus, arteriosclerosis, and those receiving anticoagulant medication.