[ US /ˈdu/ ]
[ UK /djˈuː/ ]
[ UK /djˈuː/ ]
water that has condensed on a cool surface overnight from water vapor in the air
in the morning the grass was wet with dew
How To Use dew In A Sentence
- The old, merry Whiting looked sideways at Richard, then the round face assumed an expression of diffident humility for Mr. Hanks. Morgan’s Run
- Phase I called for dewatering and rehabilitating the No.6 shaft, sinking the shaft to the 45th level, cutting seven level stations, and diamond drilling the conglomerate bed.
- She sipped from her glass and glanced sideways at me. Times, Sunday Times
- Wet meadows between rock outcrops include grasses, sedges, mosses, pitcher plant Saracenia purpurea, sundew Drosera sp. and purple fringed orchid Habenaria psycodes. Gros Morne National Park, Canada
- She learned to scramble around and even run sideways, but not forward.
- To ensure that there is no interference from the most recent deworming, FECRT should not be performed within eight weeks following the last benzimidazole or pyrimidine treatment, or within 12 (ivermectin) or 16 (moxidectin) weeks after a macrocyclic lactone treatment. Thoroughbred News | BloodHorse.com
- On the sidewalk Soapy began to yell drunken gibberish at the top of his harsh voice.
- Several other Argus executives were also shunted sideways.
- Trees lined the sidewalks, creating shade for relaxing walks on summer days.
- On the promotion campaign across 11 cities, the Dew Adventure Games with daredevil feats by international skate boarders and BMX bike riders drew huge crowds.