How To Use devisee In A Sentence
- A devisor may clearly devise or limit the possession of chattels, making them inalienable by devisees in succession. The Eustace Diamonds
- The alienee of a devisee shall hold discharged from the demands of specialty creditors of the de - visor. Reports of cases argued and determined in the Court of exchequer, from Easter term 32 George III. to [Trinity term 37 George III.] ... both inclusive. [1792-1797]
- It follows from this that Loring, at the time of his death, had no devisable estate in the land, and that the heirs of his devisee cannot maintain this suit.
- e in remainder of a term arti - or a valuable consideration to, this is a good assignment in r, and the devisee in remainder erwards bat a trustee for the aser. Reports of cases argued and determined in the High Court of Chancery, and of some special cases adjudged in the Court of King's Bench [1695-1735]
- What he contractually bound himself to do was something which, if he had done it directly, without any contractual obligation, would have left the devisee or legatee vulnerable to a claim under the Act.
- Page 418 cousin Hetty Lomax, jointly, and to their heirs forever, on condition that the said devisees should intermarry with each other within one year from the death of the devisor; and in case either of the said devisees should refuse to intermarry with the other, then the part of such devisee was to go to the other, who should thereafter hold the fee in severalty, free of all claim from the other. Bricks without Straw A Novel