[ UK /diːvˈæljuː/ ]
[ US /dɪˈvæɫˌju/ ]
[ US /dɪˈvæɫˌju/ ]
lower the value or quality of
The tear devalues the painting
lose in value
The dollar depreciated again
- remove the value from; deprive of its value
How To Use devalue In A Sentence
- Recruit rich white republicunts (carpetbaggers) to swoop in and scoop-up "devalued" (seized from still-exiled owners) properties and change the entire complexion (race, income, politics, everyfuckingthing) of the ENTIRE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA. Your Right Hand Thief
- Capital controls would be lifted, at which point the currency would devalue further. Times, Sunday Times
- In ways often too subtle to be conscious but sometimes overt, I believe, blacks remain devalued in American schools, where, for example, a recent national survey shows that through high school they are still more than twice as likely as white children to receive corporal punishment, be suspended from school, or be labeled mentally retarded. Race and the Schooling of Black Americans
- President Nixon devalues the dollar, journeys to Peking and Moscow; the future remains unknown.
- Those living more than 100 meters from the line are not entitled to any compensation even though many of their homes are unsellable and devalued by over 50 per cent.
- The dollar was officially devalued, and the Japanese yen and German mark were raised in value.
- He was critical of Anne Diamond, the broadcaster, who he described as a "devalued witness", for her version of the full background to The Sun running a picture of her child's coffin. Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph
- When a eurozone country experiences an economic shock it cannot devalue its currency to make its exports more competitive, thereby supporting employment. Times, Sunday Times
- If his family had succeeded in pressuring him to end the relationship, he would have been lost and devalued.
- I wish to take issue with the recent erroneous and arrogant statements from hydro developers who seek to devalue the true worth of the Monadhliath Mountains to the nation.