[ US /dɪsˈkɹaɪb/ ]
[ UK /dɪskɹˈaɪb/ ]
[ UK /dɪskɹˈaɪb/ ]
give a description of
He drew an elaborate plan of attack
to give an account or representation of in words
Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
make a mark or lines on a surface
draw a line
trace the outline of a figure in the sand
How To Use describe In A Sentence
- He described the sequence of events leading up to the robbery.
- She described him as 'maddening, but lovely' and the untidiest and clumsiest person she had met. Times, Sunday Times
- I'd say name it except for your second point, that named Wealden brachiosaurids are plentiful and once better material is described, some would near certainly be synonymized. ‘Angloposeidon’, the unreported story, part IV
- They describe some gaps in the literature and provide some suggestions for future research.
- Meanwhile, Mr. Christie is taking the same tact in what he described as a "passionate" relationship with Mr. Sweeney, who has the power to single-handedly block bills. Christie, Sweeney in Standoff Over Funds
- In other cultures he might be described as effeminate and, therefore, be an object of derision. The Kaisho
- Most intriguingly, among the described symptoms of fugu poisoning is progressive limb paralysis while maintaining consciousness.
- He still describes himself as a communist, and still calls for a revolution.
- Even the en suite bathroom of the bedroom she shared with Emily could be described by no other word than glorious!
- The orbit of the earth (or the circle which the sun seems to describe round the earth), is called the ecliptic, which is divided into twelve equal parts, called signs, and are distinguished by the following names and marks, [again, the symbols for the signs can be seen in the A Museum for Young Gentlemen and Ladies Or, a Private Tutor for Little Masters and Misses