[ UK /dɪpɹˈɛsɐ/ ]
- a device used by physician to press a part down or aside
- any nerve whose activity tends to reduce the activity or tone of the body part it serves
- any skeletal muscle that draws a body part down
How To Use depressor In A Sentence
- Taking sodium silicate and sulphuric acid as a composite depressor, float As and depress Sb.
- Use tongue depressors or popscicle sticks instead for a more adult look. Marilinda Hodgdon: Strawberry Mousse Treats for a Calorie Conscious Budget
- It seems likely however that this depressor nerve mechanism plays only a small part in the respiratory reflexes produced by a marked lowering of oxygen contents and that the essential pathway is via the glomus caroticum. Physiology or Medicine 1938 - Presentation Speech
- The scutal depressor muscles, the scutal abductor muscle, and the tergal depressor muscle are used to open and close the two plates that cover the opening to the barnacle. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- Dr. Avery took the tongue depressor out of Rae's mouth and tossed it in the white metal wastebasket. SECRETS
- They accomplish this coordination with proprioceptive feedback through the hypoglossal nerve that disinhibits activation of the jaw depressors when the tongue protractor muscle is activated.
- Thank you! firelighter disposable butane cigarette lighters candlelighters canada cigarette case lighter hadson feuersteine cigarette lighter cover feudor sturmfeuerzeug chiltons cigarette lighters gift flaminaire diagrams benzin state quarters oregon nfl lighters zipo led tongue depressors bf50 - 2006-08-16 00: 14: 09 Popularity in the 21st Century
- The plates that cover the opening to the barnacle are operated by several sets of muscles: the scutal depressor muscles, the scutal abductor muscle, and the tergal depressor muscle. CreationWiki - Recent changes [en]
- All players (except infielders) exhibited significantly stronger depressor muscles of the scapula on the throwing side compared with the nonthrowing side.
- The most common instrument for this examination is a tongue depressor which is used in conjunction with a light or other viewing device.