[ US /dɪˈpɪkt/ ]
[ UK /dɪpˈɪkt/ ]
[ UK /dɪpˈɪkt/ ]
show in, or as in, a picture
the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting
This scene depicts country life
give a description of
He drew an elaborate plan of attack
make a portrait of
Goya wanted to portray his mistress, the Duchess of Alba
How To Use depict In A Sentence
- AMEN: Grassroots Football is an incredible interactive roadbook from photographer Jessica Hilltout that depicts the essence of soccer as experienced throughout the African continent. Daniel Maree: Six Positively Promising World Cup Campaigns You Might Have Missed
- The artist had depicted her lying naked on a bed.
- In a 1983 ad, the Gillette man was depicted as the tiny weakling on a basketball court full of giants; his shaver, he said, helped him even the odds.
- Virgo has been depicted as a winged maiden holding a palm branch in her left hand and an ear of corn in her right.
- This will give your small group a more complete understanding of what the original language depicted. Christianity Today
- The series in fact comprises only two: one in the form of a monk's habit and cowl, and one depicting a pin-striped business suit and tie.
- PAUL LEPAGE, Republican governor of Maine, ordering a 36-ft.-wide mural in a government building depicting Maine's labor history to be painted over TIME.com: Top Stories
- Nor does either of these dramas, though the earlier depicts a corrupt civilisation, include even among the minor characters anyone who can be called villainous or horrible. Shakespearean Tragedy Lectures on Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth
- It is showing a letter embracing a woman and the depiction to emphasize emotion filled letter is simply unparallel .
- A touching painting was the one depicting motherhood made in canvas by K. Kumaran.