- the federal department that administers programs that provide services to farmers (including research and soil conservation and efforts to stabilize the farming economy); created in 1862
How To Use Department of Agriculture In A Sentence
- The IFA leader said livestock marts cannot be expected to act as operatives for the Department of Agriculture.
- All farmers with ewe quota and commonage must comply with the relevant framework plan in order to be eligible for direct payments from the Department of Agriculture.
- The Department of Agriculture has discovered sorghum ergot in a small area of forage sorghum growing in southern Western Australia.
- The beef group has been fighting sweeping new rules on livestock marketing – which failed to pass in the 2008 Farm Bill, but are pending from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Executives Await Friendlier Climate
- The Department of Agriculture will continue to maintain close liaison with the Northern Ireland authorities.
- Blueberries, blackberries and boysenberries, for example, are at the top of the list, according to researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University.
- Handa and Autar Mattoo, a research plant physiologist with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service and collaborator in the research, had shown earlier that polyamines such as spermidine and spermine enhance nutritional and processing quality of tomato fruits. RedOrbit News - Technology
- This month the Texas Department of Agriculture, going beyond its usual purview that includes school lunches and regulating gas pumps, launched a website publicizing what it calls a worsening situation "threatening the lives of our fellow citizens and jeopardizing our nation's food supply. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- Moira was doing well at the Department of Agriculture, executive secretary to one of the department's top career executives. CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
- Mr Parlon said the requirement in the Department of Agriculture protocol that a farmer who purchases an animal is prevented from selling any animal from his holding for a period of 20 days is extremely prohibitive.