[ US /ˈdɛmoʊ/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛməʊ/ ]
[ UK /dˈɛməʊ/ ]
give an exhibition of to an interested audience
She shows her dogs frequently
We will demo the new software in Washington
a visual presentation showing how something works
the lecturer shot off a pistol as a demonstration of the startle response
the lecture was accompanied by dramatic demonstrations
How To Use demo In A Sentence
- Liberal democracy is a fraud, a cover for the power of the elite. Times, Sunday Times
- Note that you'll be able to find the demonstration projects themselves as open-source projects on the companion site to the column (see Resources).
- Demos they may be but these Hazlewood rarities are rounded, rustic country songs: lustrous and lustful, quirkily and dryly humorous, yet poignant stories from the other side of love.
- The demonstration is set for Sunday to coincide with World AIDS Day.
- Everyone needed time to take stock after the most prestigious solo race had turned into a demolition derby. Times, Sunday Times
- Just the other day, I was almost run over by a two-wheeling speed demon who felt that a four-way stop applied to everyone but him and his Schwinn. Keith Ecker: Bikers vs. Drivers vs. Pedestrians: The War Wages On
- Though stiff-necked and officious, the commanders aren't demonized nor singled out for blame.
- This regime should have been more than adequate to demonstrate any significant short-term effects of reduced sleep.
- The picture above demonstrates the details of a table cloth weaved with crochet hooks.
- This came after scores of pro-Uribe legislators and other officials were indicted on conspiracy charges involving so-called demobilized paramilitaries. Council on Hemispheric Affairs